If your institution belongs to one of the COST countries:
- Check if your country has accepted the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
- If yes, decide if you would like to become a Management Committee (MC) member or just a Working Group (WG) member.
- If no, you need to contact your National Coordinator who will initiate the procedure for your country to accept the MoU and advise you on the procedure to join the Action. Once the process is initiated, it is recommended to inform the Action Chair.
- If you would like to become a MC member check if there are empty slots for your country (maximum number of slots are two for MC members and two for MC substitute members). If there are available slots, contact your National Coordinator to advice you on the process. It is also recommended to inform the Action Chair once the process is initiated.
- If you would like to become a WG member, please contact the Action secretariat stating your interest and your WG preference(s).
If your institution does not belong to one of the COST countries:
Send an email to the Action secretariat stating that you would like to join MemoCIS, but you come from a non-COST country.
In general, researchers from non-COST country institutions can participate in COST Actions on the basis of mutual benefit (see Vademecum – Non-COST Institutions). The COST Office does not reimburse participants from non-COST country institutions except in the case of formally approved institutions from Near Neighbour countries. Near Neighbour countries are: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Egypt, Georgia, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, the Palestinian Authority, Russia, Syria, Tunisia and Ukraine.