Conference Grants are aimed at supporting PhD students and ECI researchers from Participating ITC to attend international science and technology related conferences not specifically organised by the COST Action. (ITC Countries: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey)
- Conference Grants are exclusively reserved for PhD students and ECI’s with a primary affiliation in an institution located in an ITC. The applicant must be engaged in an official research programme as a PhD Student or postdoctoral fellow.
- The applicant must make an oral/poster presentation at the conference in question and must be listed in the official event/conference programme. The main subject of the oral presentation/poster presentation/speech at the approved conference must be on the topic of the Action and must acknowledge COST.
- The participation of each applicant must be pre-approved by the Action MC. Attendance at European conferences is preferred. However, conferences held elsewhere can also be considered.
- The application must be submitted through https://e-services.cost.eu/conferencegrant at least 45 days before the conference start date.
Evaluation and selection of applicants
The selection of successful applicants will be done in consideration of the scientific scope of the proposed mission and how the mission can support the Action in achieving its scientific objectives.
Conference Grants - Financial Support
A Conference Grant is a fixed financial contribution which takes into consideration the budget request of the applicant and the outcome of the evaluation of the application by the delegated person(s). Conference Grants do not necessarily cover all of the expenses related to participating in a given conference. A Conference Grant is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the selected Grantee.
The calculation of the financial contribution for each Conference Grant must respect the following criteria:
- Up to a maximum of EUR 2 500 in total can be afforded to each successful applicant.
- Up to a maximum of EUR 160 per day can be afforded for accommodation and meal expenses.
- Up to a maximum of EUR 500 can be claimed for the conference fees to be incurred by the selected Grantee.
In addition when meal and accommodation expenses are supported by the hosting institution as part of the provisions offered in their conference package, the amount for subsistence afforded to each eligible participant must be deducted from the Grant. Documentary evidence of the conference fee amount must be provided by the applicant and in kind, must be archived by the Grant Holder along with the relevant administrative documents.
Approving conference grants for payment
The Grantee has 30 calendar days from the end date of the Conference in question to submit a scientific report to the Action Chair (or Vice-Chair if the Action Chair is affiliated to the Grant Holder Institution) and the Action’s Grant Holder. The submission of the report is mandatory or the Grant is cancelled. Late submission, beyond the deadline, can also lead to the cancellation of the Grant. A scientific report template is available on the Supporting documents page or on-line here: http://www.cost.eu/ITC_conference_grant_report_template. The grantee must complete this template and save it in pdf before uploading it in e-COST.
*For access to the restricted training material you must be a member of the COST Action. If you don't have a login and password yet, please contact Marios Sophocleous